What this is about


This is all I need. I already have one blog that is all too often ignored by myself and readers. So why not start another one?

Yeah. That's the ticket.

My other blog, Progeny of Light, is about photography, which is my work. This blog will be about my play. In fact, I plan to start by moving a few "off-topic" posts from Progeny of Light to this blog.

The play of my childhood has shaped my play as an adult. As the name of this blog implies, its main focus will be on movies, books, comics, TV shows, toys, model kits, and assorted pop culture from the 1970's, which is when I was growing up. Focus will almost certainly expand to the 1960's thru the 1980's, since much of what I grew up with in the 70's was left over from the 60's ("Star Trek", "The Wild Wild West"), and, let's face it, I didn't exactly rush headlong into adulthood in the 80's.

Who knows? At some point, if other readers, friends and family contribute, all chronological limitation may go by the wayside and treasures of recovered childhood from any era will be aired. Tonka Toys. Schwinn Sting-Ray bikes. Fiesta Ware. All fair game.

I've got a pile of stuff I plan to write about. You do your part by reading and interacting, I'll try to do my part by updating at least twice a week.

Play hard or go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment